Skiing at Manalifrom
Enjoy your winter vacation along with adding an adventurous skill to your lives. Spend a week on the heights of Himachal and be the part of this beautiful experience.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Challenging
Group Size Small Group
- Learn skiing from trained professionals
- Explore all about surviving at high altitudes and skiing techniques in theory class
- Skiing certification from “Climb the Himalayas”
- Stay at the picturesque hotel
- Explore local attractions
- Nature Photography
- Adventure in the Majestic Himalayas
- Dhaula Dhar Range of Himalayas
- Stay at hotel on twin sharing basis
- All meals
- All gear and equipment (Pair of Skis, Shoes, Poles)
- Individual Insurance for the duration of the course
- First Aid (Doctor on call)
- Services of Instructors
- Local Transportation
List of things required to be carried by the clients
- Wind cheater/water proof jackets
- Warm jacket
- Pair of warm clothes
- Warm socks (3-5 pairs) and gloves (waterproof recommended)
- Trekking boots (water proof)
- Cap (woollen cap)
- Sun protection cream
- Personal clothing
- Medicines (if any prescribed)
- Water bottles
- Snow goggles
- Small bag for carrying water bottle, munchies etc to the slope
Anything not mentioned in Inclusions.
The Arrival Day
Arrive, check into the hotel and relax for a while. After breakfast we leave for Skiing. Today’s skiing schedule includes:
- Introduction to ski equipment
- Use of gear
- Sliding, Gliding and balancing
- Ascending techniques: Step walking and Herring bone
- Descending techniques: Snow plough.
- Controlled fall
Reach back to the hotel late afternoon, rest through the evening.
Visits to Temples
Have breakfast and depart for skiing. Today’s skiing schedule includes:
- Snow plough
- Snow plough turn
- Snow plough break
Visit Hadimba Devi Temple, Manu temple, Old Manali and Vashisht in the late afternoon.
After early breakfast depart for log hut Kalinga slopes, Today’s Skiing schedule:
- Stem Turn
- Parallel turns
Return back to hotel. Theory lecture in the evening about surviving at high altitudes and skiing technicalities.
Practices and documentary day
Have breakfast and depart for skiing. Today we will practice the following techniques:
- Parallel Turns with pole plant
Return back to the hotel, freshen up and rest until late afternoon. Gather back in the evening to watch a documentary on skiing.
Visit to Solang Valley
After breakfast depart for Solang valley, known for its beautiful skiing slopes. New techniques that we learn today are:
- Giant Slalom
Have breakfast and depart for skiing and spend the day revising and mastering the techniques learnt in the past days. Later in the afternoon, Slalom competition will be held to test your skills and techniques for which the winner will be recognized and rewarded accordingly.
Trek to Dhungri Forest
Today after breakfast, we trek upto Dhungri Forest and Ski Down using all the techniques learned during the course of last 6 days. Cherish the experience of skiing on uncharted terrains with the most fascinating views that Manali has to offer! In the afternoon, feel free to explore Manali market and go shopping. Depart back from Manali with a fresh new skill and memories to treasure for a lifetime!
Enjoy your comfortable stay at beautiful resort ideally located just next to Manali’s famous landmark, the Hadimba Devi Temple. Witness the breathtaking views of the snow covered Himalayan Mountains, Manali Town, Beas valley and regular stunning views of sunrises and sunsets. The Resort has an apple orchard of its own and is surrounded by lush green deodar forest of the Himalayas. The scenic view to all sides from Resort is open and one can view the Himalayan mountain range with the snow covered peaks throughout the year.
Types of rooms resort offers are –
- Deluxe room
- Super deluxe room
- Super deluxe with private balcony
- Executive suite
- Family suite
- Family suite with private balcony