Ride Horse On The Trails – Rajasthanfrom
Get an experience and get to know more about the beautiful culture, tradition and heritage of Rajasthan. Experience unexplored parts of a region and feel the thrill of mounting a Marwari horse.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Leisurely
Group Size Small Group
- A place calling you back to curate experiences. The special essence of this journey is to venture into small villages and enjoy our local traditions of our culture and heritage.
- Build a bond with the spirited indigenous Marwari horses. Enjoy the journey of our local indigenous spirit in the land of Shekhawati.
- Experience unexplored parts of a region, hear stories about the lost frescoes of Rajasthan, taste the authentic local food and try your hand at cooking on the chulha (earthen stove) with the locals and take a nap on the charpoi under the stars.
- Enjoying a camel cart ride and learning about the magnificent indigenous Marwari horses. Experience the thrill of mounting a Marwari horse while you bond with them by taking part in various activities at the farm.
Note – 1- Cost for single person is INR 16,000 and for couples INR 26,000
2- Travel can be arranged by us.
• 2 night 3 days overnight stay in Dundlod Fort
• Full day riding or local experiences
• All meals
• RO water available
• Mineral water
• Soft & hard beverages ( You may carry else available on Ala carte)
• Tea/ Coffee & Snacks available on Ala Carte
The Arrival Day
Royal welcome awaits you at Dundlod Fort
• Get astounded by the magnificent Diwan Khana and Duchatta (Royal main halls of the Fort)
• Meet the Dundlod family and get a small introduction of the history of the Fort –Go back to another era
• Smooth check in and enjoy a widespread homemade local cuisine made by our in house chef
• By 3:30 pm- Head out to the Royal Equestrian Polo centre which stables 50 indigenous Marwari horses ( Dundlod safaris are known as the oldest & most famous horse safaris of India)
• Small introduction to the Indigenous Marwari breed and experience bonding with Horses handheld by Mallyka Baisa ( Includes a basic lesson in the Paddock under safety guidelines for a beginner where one connects with the horse and ends the experience with bathing and feeding the horse)
• 5:30 pm -Head back to the fort (optional Tea/ Coffee and snacks- In room & rest at leisure)
• 8:00 pm Enjoy bonfire under the moon and stars while you enjoy your Dinner
• Overnight at Fort
Visit the Merchant Haveli
• 8:00 am Post Breakfast
• 9:30 am Head out for a full day Horse safari around the countryside (For experienced riders only)
• For Non riders- Exciting Jeep safari awaits you around the countryside and offbeat hamlets
(Dhani’s) through the nature. The atmosphere lights up with the friendly faces of the villagers and excited kids waving at you while you pass them. If you are lucky, you may encounter Neelgai (Blue bulls) & see some colourful birds such as Kingfisher, Bea eaters, Drongo and weaver Birds.
• 1:00 Return by lunch to the Fort (Depending on the weather lunch can be served on the terrace or our colonial style dining hall)
• 3:00pm – Visit the restored Merchant Haveli (1875-85) known as the Arjundas haveli made by the Goenka (5 min walking distance from the Fort).traditionally & ornately decorated haveli which illustrates the olden times merchant’s lives. One will be fascinated by the murals & the brightly colored frescoes which surround it.
• 4:00 Engage in other Local experiences
• Make your own Lac bangle with the local artisans known as Manihars community & gift yourself some beautiful lac bangles
• Visit the Potters home known as the Kumhar’s community and create your own piece of pottery where you soak your hands in clay & enjoy experiencing the old wheel technique.
• 6:00pm Head back to the fort –Optional Tea/coffee snacks served at Diwankhana for you while you sit back & enjoy like Royalty
• Leisure time at Fort
• 8:00 pm Special curated Risala ( British cavalry style) dinner experience around Bonfire awaits you on your last evening with us
• Overnight at Dundlod Fort
• Post Breakfast (Enjoy your last meal at leisure while you soak up the memories you made with us)
• Optional experience ( Try your hand at authentic style cooking )
Visit a local villagers home while you engage in making Bajre ki Roti ( Millet bread) the olden style on the chulha(Traditional Indian clay stove) & make Lasan Ki chutney (Garlic chutney) on a Silpatta (Grindstone) olden authentic style
Enjoy stately accommodation at any of the airy and spacious rooms at the hotel, which are elegantly furnished with antique furniture and fittings that complement the overall royal ambience.
Room amenities on offer include:
- Attached bath
- Running Hot/Cold Water
- Direct Dial Telephone
- Room Service