Exploring the Culture of Lahaul Valleyfrom
Unseen, Unexplored, Unheard. Lahaul is a breathtaking adventure, where you sink into centuries-old Buddhist Culture, tradition, legacy, and heritage besides appeasing your eyes with the beautiful landscape.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Ultimate
Group Size Medium Group
A trip through the unique Culture of Lahaul.
Lahaul – the region as unknown to people is enchanting, wild and beautiful in its’ own way. It allows us to get a little closer to the Tibetan culture as well as the Himalayas – the scariest and biggest mountains in the world. Few stay to explore and take in everything that this small town (its’ population is just over 1100 people!) has to offer – the visuals, nature, the picturesque gompas – so much to see, yet so many people overlook it.
Life in Lahaul is unusual. Here shoes are made by the unique grass that helps the locals to walk in the snow. You will see older women sitting and shaping them out. Would you believe that for your Beer you need to give credit to these Lahauli people? Unbelievable but true. As it is the only region in India where Hops is cultivated which is used to make Beer.
On your cultural trip to Lahaul with us –
- You will stay at a 80-year-old mud homestay conserved by an NGO Lahaul
- Immersing into the prayers made at the monastery
- Music and dance by locals
- Cook some Lahauli cuisine with Masterchef of Keylong
Lahaul is a breathtaking adventure, where you sink into centuries-old Buddhist Culture, tradition, legacy, and heritage besides appeasing your eyes with the beautiful valleys, ancient monasteries, pristine lakes, snow-capped mountains and a lot more. Witness the colourful celebrations that simply take our breath away and makes us wants to quickly book the tickets.
- Stay in 80-year-old Mudhouse in Dorm/Triple Sharing
- All meals during the stay
- All activities and learning workshops mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel from Manali to Return
Travel to Manali and stay can be arranged on special request.
- Anything not mentioned in the itinerary.
Manali to Keylong
Pick up from Manali at 10 am. Arriving at 80 Years Old Heritage Mud House at Keylong by lunch time.
Visit & stay at 80 Years Old Restored Heritage Mud House at Keylong and learn the heritage & Culture of Lahaul.
- A Traditional Welcome to all the travellers by ZOMSA Team
- You will experience the architecture of Mud House & learn the art of living sustainable in Keylong.
- You will be staying at the first of its kind restored nearly a century old house & live the LOCAL way in the Upper Himalayas of India amidst the beautiful Valley of Keylong!
- You will be served yummy Traditional Lahauli Cuisine to give you the real taste of Lahauli traditional culture.
Hike to Shashur Monastery
Hike to Shashur Monastery
- Visit the hidden gem of Keylong – Shashur Monastery with breath-taking views of 6000+ meters Himalayan peaks surrounding Keylong
- Shashur Monastery is a Buddhist monastery of the Drugpa sect, learn about the Buddhism philosophy from the Lama (Guru) of Monastery
- Meditate to bring peace to your mind & soul in the Monastery
Cook a Lahauli Dish
There will be a learning session by Prestigious Cooks (MasterChef) of Keylong and will help you learn a Local Lahauli Dish.
- There will be teams divided ( basis on the #Participants) & they will set up stalls in Keylong Market & cook and sell the Local Lahauli Dish.
- The Stall with maximum earnings & good feedback will be honoured with a title as “MasterChef of Keylong”
- Cultural Evening at the end of event with traditional celebrations. Lahauli Culture experience is missing without traditional culture & dance. The travellers will be able to celebrate & enjoy with LOCAL community & experience the real culture of Lahaul
Leave For Manali after early breakfast to take the Afternoon bus to home.