Back to Nature – Chakratafrom
Visit Jaunsar Region in Chakrata whose residents claim to be descendants of the Pandavas. Connect with the beauty in its true form that offers meadows, waterfalls and forests.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Snow & Ice
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Small Group
DURATION: 1 night/2 days
HIGHEST ALTITUDE: 7000 ft
AVERAGE TEMPERATURE: 17°C – 04°C
Sometimes, when life catches up with you, and you find yourself doing everything at a million miles per hour and forgetting to breathe, it’s worth taking some time away. This is exactly what we planned for Roots. Visit the place called – Jaunsar whose residents claim to be descendants of the Pandavas. Jaunsari tribe culture is different from Garhwal, Kumaon , Himachal Pradesh and you may see a total local phenomenon still existing the hills. The place is unexplored and you may connect with the beauty in its true form that offers meadows, waterfalls and forests.
Please Note: The price is for a minimum of 6 pax. The cost will vary depending on the final number of people for the particular date.
Experience the stay in wooden cottages on (Triple Sharing Basis)
All meals during the stay
Travel from Delhi and Return
Activities: Caving, Trek and waterfall fun
Meals while on trek (veg)
First-aid medical kits
Qualified and experienced trek guide, and support staff
Meals during transit
Cost escalation due to any circumstances
Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
Leave for Chakrata
Leave Delhi from Kashmere Gate at 9 PM
Embrace the Mountains
Reach the hills by 8:00 am. Check-in. After a quick breakfast, After breakfast we’ll leave for Budher. During the trek, you will be totally in the lap of nature. You will enjoy only the sound of nature. After a very long trek, we reach a grassland where these caves are formed. Stalactites and stalagmites are
formed due to water trickling in the caves and limestone rock dissolving in water. The cave has a very narrow entrance for around 150 m and after that one can stand up. We have to crawl or sit for around 150 m, and it is very dark inside and there is a deep hole at the end of the cave where water seeps in. After reaching the Moila top when we see the long stretched green and green bugyal we are just awestruck. The serene beauty of this place just breathtaking.
Trailing and Caving
Start early morning with a good sunrise. After breakfast, visit Tiger Fall, town explorations of Chakrata and spend rest of the day in leisure and end with a bonfire. Leave Chakrata at 5 pm and Reach Delhi by 4:00 am in the next morning.
- A total of 10 rooms designed and constructed in rustic ambience with local architectural style and eco-friendly resources – in sync with the natural surroundings confirming to green building norms and specifications. All rooms offer expansive views of the lush green forest and the towering mountain ranges around and are provisioned with the essential creature comforts and amenities required for a comfortable stay.
- An old and rustic Pahari House with two rooms preserved and restored in its natural form for those who want to have a firsthand experience of living in the hills like a true native.
- An elaborately laid out restaurant and dining hall
- A separate outdoor dining facility in the central courtyard.
- A conference hall for hosting conferences and meetings – inter convertible to a 12 bedded dormitory, on demand.
- A multi purpose hall for conducting centralized events and activities.
- A selection of experiences designed just for you- Adventure, Leisure or cultural.
- Bonfire, Barbecue & Light music.
Yes, you can customise the trip as per your dates. Depending on your number of people and your preferences, the entire trip can be personalised as per your taste.
You can visit Chakrata throughout the year. Summers ( April to July) is a great time to get respite from the heatwave and during winter months (October to February) you can enjoy the snow or go for snow adventures.